Home | Darpan | Volume 8 | Issue 3 July - Sep 2015 | National Youth Conference

National Youth Conference

By
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
National Youth Conference

20th National Conference on Youth: I am Red

On 24/09/2015, 20th National Conference was held at Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies Indore. The theme of the conference was “Youth: I am Red”.

Inaugural Session

The inaugural started at 9:00 A.M. Conference started with the welcoming of guests. The guests of the conference were: Dr. Sandeep Atre, Dr. Punit Dwivedi and Ms. Aditi Chourasia. This was followed by lamp lightening after which the Institute presentation was delivered by Ms. Rashmi Badjatiya. 

Dr. CA Prashant Jain welcomed the gathering and briefed all about the conference; the objectives; the layout of the conference etc. Dr. CA Prashant Jain also spoke on the panel discussion theme which was “I am What I Read” with respect to Social Media, Print Media, Religion and Spirituality, Curriculum and Books. He also raised few question such as: Why the Youths today are RED (Violent)? , Why the youths are witnessing serious health issues? Why they are so much addicted to Social Media? Why the energy / potential of the youth is getting wasted? who is responsible behind the degradation of the youths etc. 

Dr. CA Pramod Kumar Jain stepped forward to present his views on the same theme. Here he emphasized on who a youth is, what potentials the youths carry, why the youth has diverted along with the need of making the youths realize there importance they play in the society. He said he does not believe that any child can be bad. Sometimes it is the environment that spoils the youth. 

Panel Discussion

This was followed by panel discussion. The panel moderator was Ms. Ratna Juneja who very effectively raised questions and made the discussion fruitful. The panels were judged by our esteemed guests namely; Dr. Sandeep Atre, Dr. Punit Dwivedi and Ms. Aditi Chourasia. 

Discussion I: I am What I Read with respect to Social Media

The first panel was based on the theme: “I am what I read with respect to Social Media”. In this panel 20 students participated, which included students from different colleges along with Pioneer. Here the discussion revolved round: Why the youths are addicted to Social Media? Which is the most common Social Media used by the Youths and why; has Social Media affected the life style of the youths etc.

Discussion II: I am What I Read with respect to Print Media

The second panel was based on the theme “I am What I Read with respect to Print Media”. In this panel 20 students participated which included students from different colleges along with Pioneer. Here the discussion revolved round: Is the youth affected by the Print Media? What are the various reasons because of which the youths avoid being friendly with Print Media? 

Discussion III: I am What I Read with respect to Books and Curriculum

The third panel was based on the theme “I am What I Read with respect to Books and Curriculum”. In this panel 20 students participated which included students from different colleges along with Pioneer. Here the discussion revolved round: Why the youths are not fascinated in reading books, does the book teach the youths wrong things? Are the books meant only to read, mug and clear examination?,  Does the books have any relevance in the lives of the youths etc.?

Discussion IV: I am What I Read with respect to Religion and Spirituality

The fourth panel was based on the theme “I am What I Read with respect to Religion and Spirituality”. In this panel 20 students participated which included students from different colleges along with Pioneer. Here the discussion revolved round: Does any religion teach wrong practices? Why the youths are not inspired from holy books like Bhagwat Geeta etc.

The panel discussion was a great success as 81 students participated in the discussion to present their views on the panel discussion theme “I am what I Read”. Overall the gathering constituted of 200 Pioneer as well as 100 students coming from different colleges all over Indore. All the students who participated in the panel were given Certificate of Participation, and the winners were given Certificate of Appreciation by the panel of judges. The major participation was from APEX Institute, Acropolis Technical Campus, Vikrant Institute, IPS Academy, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Gujrati Innovative etc. 

After the accomplishment of panel discussion, it was followed by the words from the invitees. It started with Dr. Sandeep Atre, a well-known orator. Dr. Atre stated that he was very happy to witness such a conference which was designed focusing the youths. He strongly felt the need of having such conferences in future also. He said that youths ignite innovation and such innovations can bring in laurels to the nation if rightly guided. He also said that every youth has potential; the only need is to unfurl it. Then it was Dr. Punit Dwivedi who spoke on the same theme and made the youths know the reality of life. He also suggested that the youth should take few initiatives which will help in the development of the nation. Today if India needs to develop, this can only be possible with the development of the youths. There are several opportunities which need to be explored but the youth is indulging in wrong activities which is the cause the nation is still way back. It is good that the blood of the youth is boiling but it is only useful when the youths do something productive. Ms. Aditi Chourasia also tried motivating and guiding the youths through her speech. The conference ended with vote of thanks which was delivered by Ms. Suchi Modi. 

• Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text

Tagged as:

No tags for this article